2016-2017 Board Elected for New York’s Premier Professional Organization for Women in Communications
NEW YORK (May 26, 2016)—New York Women in Communications (NYWICI), the leading professional organization for women in the communications industry, has announced its new board of directors for the 2016-2017 year. Jacki Kelley, Chief Operating Officer of Bloomberg Media, Bloomberg LP—the company’s global, multi-platform media organization that comprises digital, television, radio, print, magazines and live events—has been appointed President. Ms. Kelley succeeds Kim Kelleher, Chief Revenue Officer and Publisher at WIRED Media.
NYWICI membership is comprised of women at every stage of their career—from students to upper management—and spans all disciplines of the communications field. The mission of NYWICI is to empower women of all ages and stages of their career to reach their full potential by offering professional education, engaging panel discussions, networking opportunities and mentoring.
Ms. Kelley, a dynamic leader with more than 20 years of experience, has been widely credited with disrupting traditional business models to successfully meet client objectives across the publishing and advertising industries. Kelly joined Bloomberg Media as Chief Operating Officer in September 2014, where she leads business operations with a focus on driving global revenue growth and brand strength. Kelley is a champion of diversity and inclusion initiatives across Bloomberg Media, having formalized a number of programs focused on recruitment, retention and development of employees across all aspects of diversity.
In 2015, Kelley was named to Variety's Power of Women New York ranking of game-changers in the entertainment and media industries. Kelley was featured as one of Crain's New York Business's 50 Most Powerful Women in New York in 2013, one of Advertising Age's 100 Most Influential Women in Advertising and was number one on Business Insider's 30 Most Powerful Women in Advertising list. Ms. Kelley had also been inducted into The American Advertising Federations Hall of Achievement and is a NYWICI Matrix Award winner.
“I’m so honored to be a part of an organization of women who are constantly inspiring one another to achieve and share their successes,” said Kelley. “I’m looking forward not only to working with some of the most influential women in the communications industry, but to having the opportunity to nurture the industry’s future female leaders and leading NYWICI in a time of rapid industry change.”
The 2016-2017 New York Women in Communications board of directors include:
- President: Jacki Kelley, Chief Operating Officer, Bloomberg Media, Bloomberg LP
- Past President: Kim Kelleher, Chief Revenue Officer & Publisher, WIRED Media
- President-Elect: Stacy Martinet, Chief Marketing Officer, Mashable
- Vice President, Strategic Planning: Susan Schulz, Content Creator, Editor & Strategist
- Vice President, Strategic Planning: Lynn Lewis, Global Chief Marketing Officer, UM Worldwide
- Treasurer: Denise Gillen
- Assistant Treasurer: Audrey Pass, Chief Marketing Officer, Empire State Realty Trust, Inc.
- Chief Communications Officer: Jessica Kleiman, Consumer Communications Director, Instagram
- Vice President, Communications: Rachel Bowie, Editor, PureWow
- Chief Membership Officer: Gail Griffin, General Manager & VP, Digital, Barron's, Dow Jones
- Vice President, Membership: Saundra Thomas, VP of Community Affairs, WABC-TV
- Vice President, Corporate Membership: Elizabeth Kressel, Managing Director, Lizard Media
- Vice President, Corporate Membership: Ashley Chauvin, Global Insights, Citi
- Vice President, Professional Programming: Georgia Galanoudis, Managing Director, Imprint
- Vice President, Professional Programming: Jennifer Owens, Editorial director, Working Mother magazine & Founding Director, Working Mother Research Institute (WMRI)
- Vice President, Young Professional Programming: Megan Hess, Mobile and Emerging Platforms Editor, Bloomberg
- Vice President, Student Programming: Lori Greene, Advisory Council Chair, Fox School of Business at Temple University
- Vice President, Student Programming: Danielle Dardashti, Branded Content Innovator
- Vice President, High School Programming: Stephanie M. Guzmán, Assistant Account Executive, Ketchum
- Vice President, High School Programming: Taylor Trudon, Life Lead, MTV
- Vice President, Scholarships and Grants: Judith Harrison, Senior Vice President, Staffing and Diversity & Inclusion, Weber Shandwick
- Vice President, Scholarships and Grants: Janet Warren Dugo, President, Warren Dugo Media Inc.
- Vice President, Sponsorship: Laura Sequenzia, VP, Network Sales & Partnerships, Condé Nast
- Vice President, Sponsorship: Piper Goodspeed, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, WIRED Media
About New York Women in Communications
New York Women in Communications, founded in 1929, is a not-for-profit organization of more than 2,000 communications professionals dedicated to promoting the highest standards throughout the industry and to providing education and leadership for the next generation. The membership encompasses senior executives and other experienced communicators from a wide range of enterprises, as well as young professionals and students. New York Women in Communications empowers women in all communications disciplines to reach their full potential by promoting their professional growth and inspiring them to achieve and share their successes. For more information, please visit www.nywici.org.