Are you passionate about corporate communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy's is currently seeking a Manager, Media Relations who will work closely with the Director, Media Relations in developing the national press strategy for seasonal home outreach, provide support for national events, cause marketing programs, and special projects (national brand launches, advertising campaigns, etc.) - all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated, conscientious, detail oriented and a self-starter who takes initiative in developing new ideas and solving problems.
The role will join a team of existing and new communications talent all working together to build a strong corporate communications function at Macy's. The position is based in New York City.
Media Relations - Develop and execute major consumer media relations efforts to support the Company's reputation as a premier destination for fashion and home, as well as the icon of major national events, the home of popular/desirable brands, and a partner to our communities for volunteerism and charitable support, including:
Develop media relations strategies that will drive coverage and sales
Writing press materials (press releases, media alerts, key message, presentation, etc.)
Pitching story ideas to national media outlets (print, magazine, TV, online)
Coordination with media for interviews, segments, placements (familiarity in working with media)
Planning/executing media events
Representing the national media relations team in internal cross-functional meetings
Facilitating and supporting the regional media relations teams
Events/Signature Programs - Develop media outreach programs/collateral for signature home efforts including signature brands created for Macy's
Website Content Management (pressroom) - Manager content on Macy's online pressroom to ensure information is correct.
• BA/BS in communications-related field
• 5 - 7 years of experience in public relations, media relations, communications or related area.
• Effective command of language and writing (communications plans, press materials, executive messaging/presentations, etc.)
• Proven history of success with pitching and placing stories with reporters
• Contacts at national consumer magazine and television outlets a plus
• Knowledgeable of basic mathematical principles
• Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to standing, walk, bend and occasional lift boxes under 30lbs
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite, Cision, and other software programs
• Regional travel required
• Comfortable appearing on camera or willing to be trained on camera.
• Background in retail or other consumer business. General knowledge of the department store business a plus.
• General knowledge of the department store business a plus.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.