Are you passionate about internal communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Manager, Stores Communication who will help implement the communications strategy focused on our 140,000 Associates (employees) from our stores to our various corporate functions, all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers. This position is based in New York City.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class holistic communications team all working together to build a strong communications function at Macy’s.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Partner closely with the Director, Stores Communication and team members to establish and maintain a holistic communications calendar for stores that is inclusive of all functions.
• Collaborate with operations and strategic gatekeeping teams to streamline and optimize communication flow to store executives, associates and central teams.
• Partner closely with technology teams to ensure communications channels are effective and optimized for usability.
• Maintain store communications scorecard and create reports for communicating results to key partners.
• Streamline and organize information on various communications tools (e.g., internal portal) so it is easy to find and read.
• Ensure all communications are in-brand and visually appealing.
• Serve as a proofreader and “second pair of eyes” for store communications.
• Manage a Coordinator of Store Communications.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, organizational communications or journalism required;
• Minimum 5 years of internal or Stores/Retail communications experience; in-house experience a must;
• Experience influencing and/or managing others.
• Demonstrated expertise in corporate communications, with specialization in internal communications, change management, organizational communications, and Retail related topics/programs;
• Team player and collaborator; able to work simultaneously with many internal stakeholders.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles;
• Knowledge of and experience in calculating and reporting communications metrics.
• Demonstrated experience building broad-based, internal communications plans;
• Strong personal impact with the ability to easily build relationships and credibility;
• Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment;
• Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker;
• Exemplary organizational and editing skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift boxes under 30lbs.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.