Job Description - Director of Public Relations (1701402)
Director of Public Relations - (1701402)Description
The Director of Public Relations is responsible for business and consumer publicity for several Hearst Magazines fashion and lifestyle brands, including ELLE, Cosmopolitan and Seventeen. This role will also contribute to corporate public relations initiatives and projects.
· Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy for the brand.
· Work directly with executives, senior staff, editors and publishers on projects and media opportunities.
· Generate PR results that meaningfully build the reputation of the brand and its leadership.
· Establish and maintain relationships with local and national media covering a wide range of topics.
· Prepare spokespeople for media interactions and public appearances, develop briefing documents, attending interviews / speaking engagements.
· Create opportunities for earned media through strategic partnerships and events that both support and promote efforts of the editorial and sales + marketing teams.
· Build profiles of key influencers on the edit and publishing sides to further establish each brand as a leader in its category.
· Contribute to planning of overall brand strategy to help calibrate + maximize efforts across all departments (editorial, sales, marketing, partnerships, events, and corporate communications).
· Liaise with and manage public relations agencies and other vendors on contract.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will be highly strategic and have a minimum 10 years experience in a branding/PR/communications role.
· Responsible for all PR planning + execution for both brands (issue press, events, partnerships, crisis communications, etc.).
· Secure opportunities to build profiles of key editors, experts, and publishing team members.
· Promote advertising and sales achievements and programs to business and media industry trade press to showcase the advancement and successes of the brands.
· Collaborate with the digital team on strategy for major brand programs, as well as breaking covers, celebrity interviews, and editorial features.
· Develop all media materials including press releases, media alerts, talking points for TV segments and events.
· Work closely with marketing, sales, and editorial to coordinate efforts of teams involved in brand-building opportunities + strategic revenue partnerships.
· Large- and small-scale event management: development of overall press strategy; in conjunction with sales/marketing teams.
· Experience managing and mentoring PR team.
Must be an independent, strategic, and creative thinker who is a strong team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary. An experienced writer with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, an understanding of digital and social media, a keen sense of trends and newsworthy opportunities and an interest in fashion, art, beauty, health, entertainment and politics. Experience in consumer media is preferred, attention to detail is mandatory.
MUST INCLUDE AN ATTACHED RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
: United States-New York-New York
New York NY 300 West 57th Street
300 West 57th Street
New York 10019
: Marketing, Communications and Events
: Hearst Magazines
: Regular Full-time