Are you passionate about internal communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Director, Stores Communication who will help develop and implement the communications strategy focused on our 140,000 Associates (employees) from our stores to our various corporate functions, all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers.
This role will join a team of existing and new talent across a world-class holistic communications team all working together to build a strong communications function at Macy’s.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based in New York City.
• Partner closely with Vice President, Stores Communication to create understanding and awareness of Macy’s vision, strategy, business priorities, values, and employee value proposition to store managers and Associates
• Collaborate with operations and other central functions to streamline and optimize communication flow to store executives, Associates and central teams
• Maintain a consistent look and feel of communications, ensuring they are on-brand, visually appealing, and easy to read
• Establish metrics to measure the success of current communications, making adjustments to strategy as needed in response
• Create impactful Associate communications that instill pride and win hearts and minds
• Enhance storytelling to demonstrate why Macy’s is the leading brand, employer, and innovator in retailer
• Serve as a strategic communications counselor to stores leadership
• Lead a team of communications professionals
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, organizational communications or journalism required;
• Minimum 8 years of internal or Stores/Retail communications experience; in-house experience a must;
• Experience leading a team of communications professionals.
• Demonstrated expertise in corporate communications, with specialization in internal communications, change management, organizational communications, and Retail related topics/programs;
• Expert communicator; able to serve as a key partner with internal stakeholders.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical principles.
• Demonstrated experience building broad-based, internal communications plans;
• Strong personal impact with the ability to easily build relationships and credibility;
• Flexible approach to work with ability to toggle between projects and priorities in a high pressure environment;
• Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker.
• Must be able to stand, walk, bend and occasionally lift boxes under 30lbs.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.