New York Women in Communications, Inc. is the premier organization for communications professionals in the New York metropolitan area.
We are a not-for-profit association 501(c)(6) founded in 1929, and we operate in a city that leads the industry and shapes the way people communicate around the world.
The membership represents all facets of the communications industry, including print, broadcast and online journalism, public relations, marketing, corporate communications, advertising, digital media and book publishing. Membership is made up of students, professionals at entry levels, mid-career stages and top management, as well as growing numbers of entrepreneurs.
Take the lead and get involved now with the Leaders of Today and the Rising Stars of Tomorrow in the rapidly changing world of communications.
New York Women in Communications empowers women in all communications disciplines at all stages of their careers to reach their full potential by promoting their professional growth and inspiring them to achieve and share their successes in the rapidly changing world of communications.
To strengthen the role of women in all communications professions, we strive to:
- Inspire women to achieve and to share their success
- Promote leadership and professional development
- Network for professional growth and support
- Nurture future leaders in communications
- 70% earn $50,000+ annually; 20% make $125,000+ annually
- 70% range in age from 25 to 54
- 90% hold management positions in advertising & marketing, corporate communications, digital media, magazine and book publishing, and public relations
- 10% own their business or function as chief executives, senior executives, managing editors, presidents and publishers within major communications firms
- Students and young executives represent the fastest-growing member segment.